History

There have been Masons in the St. George area since the early 19th. century at least.  In 1855 a lodge was finally organized, operating under a dispensation granted by the Grand Lodge of Maine, becoming a fully chartered lodge in 1856.

A comprehensive history of the lodge, covering the period from the earliest days to 1981 was written by Wor. Wallace M. Gage and is available at this link